Sunday, February 3, 2013

Hello February!

Is it just me or did January fly by? Every New Years I try to be better, healthier and more productive, but I never come up with actual, specific goals. I have never been a big goal person, but I do have expectations for myself. This year after a month has gone by, I am JUST starting to take initiative and make things happen. Apparently time flies by, so I need to be a little more aware so I can be sure I am accomplishing everything. At work there is a program called the 60 Day Challenge that is open to employees and it consists of daily challenges that help build a healthier you. Today the first challenge is write down goals for yourself. So I thought I would give goals a shot and come up with a few specific ones. 

Have a Purpose
When I get home from work around 5pm the first thing I want to do is sit down and turn on the TV. It's not unusual for me to spend the rest of the night watching TV and browsing the Internet. I love my TV shows Keeping up with the Kardashians, The Bachelor, Pretty Little Liars...I could go on forever! Instead of spending countless hours with my face glued to the TV or computer screen, I could be using that time to be productive. Don't get me wrong, there is no problem with a little Kardashians and some online shopping, however I think I take it a little too far. I want to instead use that time to spend quality time with my boyfriend and some good conversation, catching up with friends since I'm no longer in College Town, and working on projects (perhaps for my new blog!). From now on I will limit my TV and computer time to just an hour or two when I get home from work. 

A Healthier Lifestyle

I eat pretty healthy already, but I want to be more strict with what I'm eating. Right now I eat a lot of soup for lunch because it's easy to bring to the office, quinoa casseroles, oatmeal, and steamed veggies. I try to eat as few carbs as I can and I have recently been cutting out dairy. Pretty boring, huh? But....I also have a big sweet tooth. If I had to choose between a big piece of cake or a steak I would definitely go for the cake. I love ice cream especially, but any cakes, brownies, muffins, you name it and I can't resist. I have been getting better about not eating as many sweets, but I want to be even better.

You probably have heard about the recent fad of eating gluten free. It is not just a fad for everyone because there are actually people that have to eat gluten free or they will get sick. Gluten is found in things that contain, wheat, rye, barely  etc. With the recent fad there are a lot more gluten free options in the grocery store lately. One thing I want to try and do is eat gluten free for a week and see how it goes. Eating gluten free is not only healthy because it eliminates breads, but it can also help you shed the last few stubborn pounds. Now I am not trying to lose a bunch of weight or anything, but I think it's important to always try eating a little healthier! Keep watching for updates when I start my gluten free week so you can follow along! 

Along with eating healthier I want to start working out more regularly. Right now I work out only about a couple times a week. I would like to start working out 4 times a week at least. I always feel better about myself when I work out more regularly. I feel leaner, more toned, and just overall better.


Workout clothes get me a little more excited about going to the gym.  

So there you have it, my goals for 2013. I started small and as I go on I will add more things and be more ambitious. Once you accomplish your first goal then it is much easier I think to go on and continue, rather than being discouraged and quit. 

I hope you are enjoying February so far! What goals have you set for yourself this year? 

Oh, and go 49ers! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...