Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Wednesday's Words {Start Doing}

Ever since I started college 2.5 years ago, I really started thinking about what my future held. I am a planner. I like knowing exactly what to expect, what I will be doing, what I will wear...Deciding my own future seemed so hard. I hate the unknown and thought having a plan laid out for me to follow along sounded much easier (thankfully that's not how life works). Throughout college I had a tough time deciding what decisions to make, which ones not. I wondered how I would know what to go for and if it would be best for me or not. What if I decide I don't like my decision then what will I do? What career path should I take? What if I'm not good at it? I spent so much time just thinking about what I should do rather than doing. I had no idea what direction I wanted to go, and so I kind of just sat around and waited. 

This year, something clicked. The light bulb finally started to flicker a little bit inside. I am in my junior year of school, and I do not have a lot of time to waste. Seriously, the years have flown by! I don't know what hit me, but these last few months I have started going for the things that I always just thought about doing in my head. And you know what? Things have turned out okay. Imagine that! All of the time I wasted worrying about what if I made the wrong decision was useless. I believe everything happens for a reason; I have no regrets. There is no magic book full of the answers, I just started going for the things I like and want to do. It's amazing what happens when you make a decision and just stick to it...everything starts falling into place. I feel so much better about myself because I am not spending my time worrying about about what people will think, or whether everything will turn out. I have so much more time to focus on what is ahead of me, what I can control. I have finally started living life the way I thought about for so long in my head. I no longer worry about how I will be perceived by others. 

I started an internship this January and that meant moving away from friends, school, and my home for the last 2.5 years. However, I spent weeks deciding whether or not to accept the internship. I have the rest of my life to work, why rush into it now? Then the other part of me thought this could lead into a job offer and be a great start for me and my career. I finally decided to accept the internship and just go for it (my light bulb was flickering at this point!) Turns out, after a month and a half at my internship, it is  not for me. Don't get me wrong, it is a great learning experience, but it is not something I want to continue in the future. Not the career path I want to take. With that said, i still do not regret my decision of accepting the internship.  Had I not, I might not have been as driven, set goals for myself, and this blog probably would not have happened! 

What I'm trying to say is stop thinking about it and start doing! You will make mistakes along the way, but that is part of the learning process right? Making a decision and just going with it is how crazy things happen like starting a blog! It's what brings you to new opportunities. You will never know unless you try. If you aren't going for anything, what are you doing? 


Studio ten 25 Blog
Just wait until you see the before pictures! Click on the link above to view them.
I love this office. Everything about it. The colors, pretty flowers, pillows, the brightness in the room, and of course the chandelier. A room of my own that feels like this is on my "Do" project list.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...