Monday, April 1, 2013

What I Bought In March


Usually I would do this post on the last day of each month but since March's last day landed on a holiday, I gave myself the day off. 

As I was preparing for this blog post I realized I did not buy one single top for the entire month! No wonder my closet seems a little drab lately...

You might have seen on Instagram (@amandarisius) that I invested in a couple items this month.

I got myself a MacBook Pro and Photoshop (!!!!!) 
Since I started my blog I have done lots of researching and blog reading and really started thinking that I need to learn how to use Photoshop to improve my blog and do some fun things with each post. My resources were limited and I have some cute ideas that I'm just not able to do with the basic tools I was using. Besides that, so many bloggers-turned-successful-entrepreneurs say Photoshop is a good thing to learn and helps take things to the next level. 

I finally buckled down and purchased the tools that will not only help out with improving my blog and bringing my ideas to life, but a future career as well. 

Coming from a previous PC user, I have definitely had to learn a few things while using my new Mac, such as learning how to right click. Something so simple and yet I had to look it up! There is still a lot to learn since I haven't played around with all of the different features and tools yet. 

On Saturday I downloaded Photoshop. I opened it up and I don't think I realized how big of learning curve there was. I watched some helpful YouTube videos to learn the beginner "easy" stuff which has helped out a lot. I still have a long way to go before I know what every little tool does and how to use it. Maybe it's just my OCD kicking in, but I feel like I have to know every little thing availalble on Photoshop.

I'm just excited to finally start creating fun additions to the blog! Keep your eyes open and slowly watch for some new stuff :)

Do you know of any good sources for video tutorials for beginners learning Photoshop? 

The lone clothing item I bought in March is my floral scarf I found at Target. 

Have a good week! XO


2 comments:

  1. Love, love, love the Scarf! It is definitely a spring pick - I too just recently purchased Photoshop. I know I need a Mac - but haven't made that plunge yet. Photoshop definitely has a learning curve and I find it sometimes to be annoying and a true pain in the rear! I actually just figured out how to add text to a pic.. I am hoping I figure it out soon so I can add to my little blog space and make things prettier and just better. I wish you all the best of luck with school and your blog! : ) If you learn anything about photoshop and wanna share it please drop me a line! lol or for anything else Don't be shy, us gals gotta stick together! : ) cassandra@dattolievents.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! Photoshop is very detailed and combine that with learning how to run a Mac...talk about overwhelming! I have been playing around with it and I keep searching for a good blog with tutorials for beginners but haven't found any good ones I like so far. I am actually thinking about taking a college credit class to help me learn it! Thank you for reaching out to me, I will be e-mailing you soon :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...