Monday, May 13, 2013

Noteworthy





This past weekend some exciting (well, to me anyways!) things happened.

Spring is here and that means it's golfing season. Watching it on TV is so dry, and my naiveness self never understood how people thought golfing was fun. To be honest, I didn't even know the rules of the game. Having never golfed in my life--not counting the time I went to the driving range for high school PE and attempted to swing a club, I decided it was finally time to end the streak this weekend and see what it's all about. After a few practice swings I headed for the course.

Now I understand why people like golf! I am no experienced golfer after one day by any means, but I had so much fun! Who doesn't like being outside when the shine is shining? Not to mention, I surprised myself and was able to actually hit the ball. 



After much procrastination, I finally decided I should purchase a desk with summer classes starting soon. Remember when I blogged about a great deal on a desk here? Yeah, I got around to ordering it last week. 

It came in the mail Friday and I put it together with the help of Jordon in about 15 minutes. I love it already! The edges are a little scuffed in some areas and it is probably not the most sturdy desk ever made, but considering I paid $50 on Amazon for it, I am pretty pleased. 

Spruce it up with the few office supplies I have and ta-da! I still need to get a desk chair -- I've been eyeing this one, some files, bins, and binders for storage, and some other cutesy decorations. Since I'll be moving into my new apartment in August I don't want to completely finish my workspace and then have to take it all down and move it into my new place so it'll stay pretty basic for a few months. 





"A" mug from Anthropologie. Set of 3 canisters from Hobby Lobby. Horse figure from Target. Pink file on the floor from Target. 



This is my last week at my internship (!!!) and that means the job hunt is in full force. If any one is in need of a marketing student this summer let me know :)

2 comments:

  1. Cute desk and I love that horse..I doubt Target still has it but now I'm obsessed with getting one. Love the canisters too! :D

    http://revolvingstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I got the horse from Target just over a month ago. I kept eyeing it and once it went on sale I snagged it!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...