Friday, October 18, 2013

Crazy Cat Lady

emily henderson, grace atwood stripes & sequins new kitten, a hammer and heels
By Emily Henderson

Happy Friday!! Who else is excited for a crisp fall weekend? This past week we really got a taste of fall here in Iowa and it is wonderful. Temperatures were in the 50's and leaves are finally starting to turn color a little. Usually I'm such a hot weather girl that when it hits 50 I want to pull out the winter coat, hat, and mittens. You'd think after 22 years of miserable, long Iowa winters I'd be used to it and see 50 degrees as treat compared to the negative temps we have December-February. I don't know what's gotten into  me  this year but I'm absolutely loving the "cold". It's so nice to not be sweating the instant I step foot outside and I love the briskness in the air. Plus, without the humidity it's like a good hair day everyday.

A friend's baby shower is this weekend so I'm looking forward to catching up with friends and doing some celebrating. Next weekend I have my sister-in-law's baby shower so lots of baby talk happening. I"ll keep this post short and sweet so I'm sharing a few of my favorite things from the week.

Have you checked out this week's one room challenge update? I talked about it last week here, and upon discovering I have pretty much been obsessed with it since. There are some pretty amazing interior design projects happening. One of my favorites to follow is this killer bachelor pad. That is one lucky dude.

A fun fact: I love cats. You know how some people are dog lovers and own like 4 dogs? Well, I'm a cat lover. Always have been, always will be. Ever since I was a kid I loved playing with my kittens. I took my cat-sitting (Yes, I felt like I had to babysit the little kittens constantly. What if they forgot to eat?) duty very seriously. So seriously that my sister and I would give them "lessons". I'd like to think they loved it. Anyway, anytime I see a cute cat/kitten I instantly squeal in that annoying high-pitched voice. When I saw this video of Aslan, Grace's new kitten, you can only imagine my reaction... You have to watch it until the very end, but that's all I'm going to tell you. If I could force everyone into watching it I totally would. That's how confident I am that you will love it, even if you aren't a cat lover. So here it is, the cutest video ever. 

Have a great weekend!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...