Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Worth Stealing: Marquee Signs





marquee sign, marquee lights, hammer and heels, diy marquee sign, diy marquee

marquee sign, marquee lights, hammer and heels, diy marquee sign, diy marquee, state marquee

marquee sign, marquee lights, hammer and heels, diy marquee sign, diy marquee


Today's post is one of my favorite "worth stealing" posts (By the way, do you prefer the weekly series posts like, worth stealing, or would you rather have random posts without series? Random yes, but I'm curious and suddenly felt like I was limiting myself after typing the first sentence!) Out of all the clever decor ideas I've blogged about, like using a step ladder as a shelf or clipboard gallery wall, marquee signs are pretty high up in there in wow factor. Maybe it's just me, but I love how marquee signs look a little industrial with exposed lightbulbs and metals sheets. Yet they are fun and you can find them in almost any word, shape, or symbol imaginable.

I've noticed during the holiday season even more marquee signs for sale, but I think they're fun all year round. If you've shopped for marquee signs before, you know they are a little spendy. Not Louis Vuitton expensive but expensive enough for this college student with a part-time job. So I did what any person does when looking for inspiration, search Pinterest for a DIY version. Apparently I wasn't the only one with the bright idea of creating a DIY marquee sign. There were pins upon pins of DIY examples. Some weren't so great (used cardboard) and some were pretty intense (required a saw). I'm hoping to find something somewhere in the middle.

 During my Pinterest search I came across the brilliant idea of making the sign in the shape of your home state. I loved this example where they used mismatched wood scraps and metal and placed the lightbulbs in the location of their favorite cities. Cute right?

Have you made a marquee sign before? I'm still looking for an easy-ish version.

Happy Thanksgiving!!!


1 // 2 // 3 // 4 // 5


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...