Monday, March 3, 2014

1 Color 5 Ways: Emerald

Did you guys watch the Oscars? Ellen is officially the best host and I don't think there is anything Lupita can't pull off. Who was your best dressed? While I was watching the Oscars I was browsing on Pinterest and came across so many amazing spaces, and ironically, they all had emerald green. Emerald is not a favorite color or anything, but I just love it in interiors. It is a nice way to bring color into a room without being too overpowering. It kind of just freshens things up a bit. Like plant life, it's an instant mood-booster.

My boyfriend just bought a house, which obviously, means I have another project to tackle and I am thrilled! This time instead of a studio apartment I have an entire house so I have a lot more space to decorate and DIY project to tackle. I'm already dreaming up ideas. Don't worry, I'll be sharing the entire process with you, from inspiration boards, to the before and after, and all the DIYs in between! You can bet I'll be incorporating a little emerald into the home as well. So here you have it, 1 color 5 ways.

emerald green in the home

emerald green in the home

emerald green couch

emerald green interiors


1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 



6 comments:

  1. My boyfriend and I have been house hunting over the past few months. I am having a difficult time envisioning a space that will be a good fit for the both of us (decorating wise). I'm not sure he's too keen on pinks and purples and what not. I'm so excited to see what you come up with!

    26 and Not Counting

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually wasn't really involved in the process since he lives two hours away while I'm finishing up school. The place isn't perfect, but I'm confident I can spruce it up with a little paint and lots of love! My boyfriend already told me I need to lay off the pink in the new place, but I'm totally ok with that :) I'm thinking I'll use lots of blues and greens to make it less girly but still colorful.

      Delete
  2. I really like these pins I tend to go towards design that is not matchy matchy but has pieces that stand out on their own but work perfectly together as a group and the couch on pin 3 looks so comfy:)

    Aloha, Kathleen | House of Polynesia

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree! I love accessorizing the home with pieces that are unique to that person and fit their personality.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the couches!! Such a fun way to add color to a space
    XX - Erica
    Sweet-endeavors.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the velvet makes them even better!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...