Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Beauty Talk

my beauty and skincare wish list


Hello! Today we're talking all about skincare and makeup. A topic I love, but I am always looking for recommendations so I hope we can all help each other out and make this a really fun discussion where we all spill our favorite products and secrets. Sounds fun, right?

But first, let's talk skin type. I have oily skin. Some call it combination skin since I am oily in my T-zone, but when choosing products I need something that won't be heavy or greasy so I tend to just consider myself oily. Oily skin also means I am breakout prone. Sweet. I've tried many different skincare products but I am always looking for new ways to improve my skin and switch up my regime until I find the perfect routine. Over the summer I buckled down and finally purchased a Clarisonic. I always thought they were a bit gimmicky and that no way could they make that big of a difference. But let me tell you, they do! I don't know what it is, but my skin looks more even, smoother and my makeup glides on better for an overall better look. They are costly, but definitely worth it. The past couple weeks I left my Clarisonic at my boyfriends and it's been torture not having it. I started breaking out a bit so I began using my Proactiv face wash again and now my skin is so dry. I'm dying to find a happy medium!

So while I am trying to find a good balance in my skincare routine, I'm also perfecting my "palette" per se. My favorite You Tube beauty blogger swears by Sigma brushes. I was using the cheap brushes from Target but wasn't happy with them so I just purchased my first Sigma brush. It's amazing! I got the F80 which is a flat kabuki brush for foundation and it is so much easier to apply foundation with a natural finish.

I love playing with makeup but it can get spendy trying lots of products so I usually stick with one thing at a time. I only have one mascara, one foundation, one brush, one bronzer…you get the idea. So all of my stuff is conveniently running out at the same time and it's time to refill my makeup stash! My friend always has perfect makeup and hair and is a self-confessed beauty addict so I have been asking her for her advice and recommendations on new products the past week. She knows her stuff. So you're looking at my beauty wish list…it's kind of scary to see how much just a few products can cost, but I have used many drugstore products (and still do!) but it is time to find something I really like. Put your best face forward, right?

I still haven't pulled the trigger...

This post was random and has a little bit of everything, but I hope it's helpful! What are your beauty tips? Do you use drugstore makeup? Which are your favorites?

As if this post wasn't random (or long enough!), I am doing the 5 day 5 sunglasses at-home trial with Warby Parker and you guys have to try it! Pick 5 of your favorite pairs of glasses or sunglasses, try them out for 5 days and send them back all for free! They have a huge selection it was hard only choosing 5! I'm picky when it comes to sunglasses (I only own one pair) so I love the at-home option since the closest store is in Chicago. You can sign up for your own free 5 day trial here. If you're curious, I chose this, this, this, this, and this to try.


2 comments:

  1. I agree, my Clarisonic is one of the best things to ever happen to my face! I started using the Mat Velvet a few years ago and I haven't looked back since. I'm like you, combo skin and an oil t zone. This with a little translucent powder does the trick and it actually lasts me quite awhile. I just wear it on my t zone and problem areas during the work week.

    26 and Not Counting

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What translucent powder do you use? With summer approaching I like something a little more lightweight and hate to keep piling on powder. A translucent powder sounds way better!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...