Friday, May 2, 2014

Natural Clay Mask






About a month ago I read a blog post on To Vogue or Bust about natural skincare, specifically natural clay. I was intrigued by her incredible results that claimed to banish breakouts after a few days. Alexandra went in great detail about the clay and different ways and benefits of using it. If you haven't read her post, I suggest you do if you are interested in natural skincare. It was incredibly interesting and she has some great tips and other product suggestions.

After hearing about all the benefits of clay bentonite and its claim to clear up and even out skin tone, I was sold. I ordered myself some clay bentonite that night and couldn't wait to give it a try. I have been using it for just under a month now for about 3-4 times a week and I love it! I have oily acne-prone skin and it's helped dry up my skin a lot and even out my skin tone as well. My skill feels softer and more healthy and I'm overall impressed. This stuff really works. The best part is that it's only $10 for a full jar!

I mix about a teaspoon of clay powder with a tablespoon of water. Stir with a plastic utensil (metal deactivates the clay's electric properties) until it forms a thick paste. I like to apply the mask all over my face and leave it on for about 15-20 minutes or until it dries.

Do you follow a natural skincare routine? What are your favorite skincare products?

Have a great weekend! I finished up dead week this past week which means finals starts on Monday. I fortunately only have two finals this year and then consider me an Iowa State alum :) I'm working on an amazing blog redesign which is super exciting, new post ideas, and I'm also taking a deep dive course on Wordpress (I'm switching over. If anyone has advice on how to handle the migration it's greatly appreciated :)) to learn all the ins and outs so the blog is a place that's organized and makes reading and following along easier for you! I hope to roll out the changes by June first, which sounds far away but is going to sneak up on us in no time! Which is a scary thought in itself.

As I'm making changes at H&H, keep pinning, liking, sharing, and commenting on your favorite blog posts so I know which ones you're loving and I'll be sure to plan more of them for the future!




2 comments:

  1. Good luck on your finals! I'm thinking of venturing to Wordpress as well, can't wait to hear how it goes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It sounded scary and overwhelming at first, but there are just so many more capabilities. So far so good!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...